Quality COVID-19 training is a must for those still working and for others who will return to the workplace once the economy begins reopening. WHSC can help!
We are witnessing in this crisis the absolute need for all reasonable precautions to be taken in the circumstances. By law employers have a duty to implement them. Workers also have a right to know about the hazards they face and measures in place for their protection. And by law workers and their representatives have the right and responsibility to fully participate in the process of identifying, assessing and recommending precautionary measures.
With these rights and responsibilities in mind, WHSC now offers a new three-hour, COVID-19 training program. As traditional classroom training is impossible right now, this course is being offered virtually – the first on May 11.
Sign up today!
||WHSC COVID-19 virtual training
||Session options 9 am – 12 noon OR 1 pm – 4 pm
Monday, May 11, 2020
Registrations are filled online on a first-come first-served basis.
More dates will be added with demand. Be sure to check back.
||$10 (plus HST)
||Visit our online Registration Page. See the “Virtual Training” tab.
When registering be sure to supply the participant’s home address, as resource materials critical to successful participation will be shipped to this address.
Registered participants will receive an email of confirmation
with additional information about accessing and successfully completing the training. Again, they will also be shipped participant resource materials. If they have not received this material by 2 pm the day prior to the course, please contact us by email at email@example.com
WHSC’s virtual classroom is a secure environment, protecting privacy and preventing interruptions. Participants will need:
- a high speed internet connection
- a computer, tablet or phone with a camera and microphone
- a computer is preferred - however to avoid cellular data costs, connect using Wi-Fi
- a pen or pencil to complete worksheets.
Critical learning virtually assured
Our virtual classroom still provides an interactive and engaging experience. Like our traditional classroom training the WHSC COVID-19 program applies adult learning principles to ensure learning is achieved. Key content in this new program includes:
To learn more:
- Hazardous characteristics of COVID-19: how the virus infects, kills, and spreads i.e. routes of transmission, virus survival times, incubation and communicable periods
- Health effects: symptoms, including a comparison between cold, flu and COVID-19 symptoms, their progression, and medical testing.
- Legislation: review of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations, public health law and directives and the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act.
- Principles of control: criteria for effective controls, hierarchy of controls, the precautionary principle and myth of the “careless worker”
- COVID-19-specific workplace controls: sick time and leaves of absence, physical distancing, working remotely, cleaning and disinfecting, personal protective equipment (PPE), hand hygiene and the need for worker training on all of this.
Visit our web site for a host of COVID-19 resources